25 300 attendees, 1 106 exhibitors, 577 speakers, and more than 800 cities – this year Smart Cities World Congress
(SCEWC) brought together an incredible amount of global experts and Smart Cities enthusiasts in one location, and FIWARE is proud to have been one of them, being the official event partner of SCEWC, taking place from 7-9 November 2023, Barcelona (Spain). This November, FIWARE presented a booth, a bigger than ever in the central part of the fairground providing a matchmaking hub for cities, businesses, policymakers, developers, and many others to meet, discuss and learn more about how to create a smarter, more connected, and sustainable urban landscape through top-notch solutions, based on FIWARE open-source technology. FIWARE members and EU-funded projects such as Atos
, Red Hat
as well as representatives of FIWARE Innovation Hubs
(iHubs) joined the FIWARE booth to pave the way for a digital future and bring new solutions, trends, use cases, and references to the global market.
You may ask what made FIWARE so special this year? Find all the answers by taking in FIWARE successes and highlights from SCWEC 2023:
- A diverse variety of solutions presented on the FIWARE stage: three days of rich program with more than 60 presentations from FIWARE Members and partners, from floating cities’ concepts to AI-based wildfire monitoring and Digital Twin-enabled future-fit cities, from sustainable Open Source solutions for cities and enterprises to how to making Data Spaces a reality.
- 5 panel discussions on “Can your city have a digital twin?”, “Crossing Borders with Open Source”, “How FIWARE Digital Innovation Hubs help the transition towards smart cities”, “FIWARE Champions and their global success Stories” and “Data Spaces: from theory to practice”.
- Official delegations from Japan visited the FIWARE booth and the famous FIWARE Smart World built by Lego ® bricks.
- Welcome on board! FIWARE has proudly signed a new membership agreement with the city of Hamamatsu (Japan). The official signing ceremony and membership certificate handover took place at the Japanese booth with Tomoko Mizutani, Director General, Digital Smart Smart City Promotion Division; Yoichi Takimoto, Division Director, Digital Smart Smart City Promotion Division; Cristina Brandtstetter, CMO, FIWARE Foundation and Yasunori Mochizuki, NEC Fellow.
- An awarding Ceremony of new FIWARE Evangelists: Irene Provvidenza, Business Developer, TeamDev S.r.l. (Italy), Salim Bendris, Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), N-Smart (USA), Shuhei Sasano, Smart Cities Business Development, NEC Corporation (Japan).
- FIWARE brought the most discussed topic on “Data Space for the European market and beyond” to the Deloitte booth, presenting the Data Space Support Center (DSSC), Data Space Business Alliance, and the FIWARE Data Space Connector for the first time.
- Presentations of FIWARE iHubs Network, driving innovation ecosystems worldwide;
- A presentation of the world-class “FIWARE4Cities Book” with more than 350 Smart Cities from all over the world and deep-dives into 145 of them, presenting more than 155 solutions already in place;
- Introduction to DSSC: achievements and developments within the European market of Data Spaces;
- Walking the talk of “openness”: engaging with the FIWARE community all around SCEWC;
- Showcasing the various use cases of how to use FIWARE in different areas: learning by doing and evolving together;
- A presentation of the latest research projects such as BeOpen – an open framework for boosting EU High Value Datasets from the Public Sector, or DOME – a distributed Open Marketplace for Europe Cloud and Edge Services;
- The FIWARE Accelerator program;
- New features and updates from the FIWARE Marketplace
- The entertaining guided tours of FIWAREs famous eye-catcher – Smart World by FIWARE built by Lego® bricks;
- Dozens of opportunities for business matchmaking and negotiations;
- The FIWARE booth party, sponsored by Red Hat, Atos, Libelium, where all Members and Partners could meet and discuss fresh ideas, plans, strategies and latest news.
Smart Cities are not just the future – they are the present. SCEWC is an excellent opportunity to engage, learn, and collaborate with FIWARE, its members and partners, therefore we invite you to join us at SCEWC 2024 to engage in this transformative journey towards smarter cities together. Together, we can unlock the potential of technology and innovation for a brighter, more sustainable future.