In the era of innovation and technology, cities around the world are transforming into smart cities, driven by a vision of efficiency, sustainability, and improved quality of life. At the forefront of this transformation, FIWARE is proud to be the official event partner of Smart Cities World Congress (SCEWC), a lighthouse event of empowering cities and fostering global urban innovation, a gathering of visionaries, innovators, and thought leaders dedicated to shaping the cities of tomorrow. From 7-9 November 2023, Barcelona (Spain), FIWARE joins leaders of the world’s most innovative companies, governments, and organizations to move cities toward a better future. Be sure to visit us at Fairground Gran Via | Pavilion P2 | Level 0 | Stand D71.
Join Us in Pioneering the Future
This November, FIWARE is hosting a 300 square meters of “Smart World booth” in the heart of the main pavilion. We are creating a matchmaking hub for city representatives, businesses, policymakers, developers and others to meet, discuss and learn more on how to create a smarter, more connected, and sustainable urban landscape through top-notch solutions, based on FIWARE open-source technology. This year, FIWARE members and EU-funded projects such as Atos, Deloitte, Endava, Libelium, Ms.Gis, Raseel, Red Hat, TEAMDEV, Spotted, Unisystems as well as representatives of FIWARE Innovation Hubs (iHubs) join the FIWARE booth to pave the way for a digital future and bring new solutions, trends, use cases and references for the global market.
We believe that collaboration is the key to achieving this ambitious goal, which is why we are excited to be part of this prestigious event, where we will engage with our partners and a curious public. Five reasons why you should meet us at SCWEC:
1. Cutting-Edge Solutions: FIWARE has prepared a first-class programme at the FIWARE booth, with global experts and through-leaders from Atos, Deloitte, Endava, Libelium, Ms.Gis, Raseel, Red Hat, TEAMDEV, Spotted, Unisystems at your service, answering your questions and introducing you to new developments. Furthermore, the FIWARE stage offers a diverse mix of presentations and panels on the most discussed topics on the market; from the global FIWARE landscape, including speakers from company members such as ADDIX or [ui!] Urban Software Institute or representatives of academic research institutions such as the University of Bochum. From smart transportation systems to eco-friendly energy solutions, from Data space platforms and Digital Twins to implementations in real life, we’re poised to make a significant impact supporting our current (and future) members with whatever they need to reach their goals through FIWARE powered Open Source technology. What you can expect at the FIWARE booth and stage program in a nutshell:
- 60 presentations from worldwide experts and Open Source gurus, Open Data influencers and leading analysts;
- Five panel discussions on “Data Spaces: from theory to practice, Can your city have a digital twin?”, “Crossing Borders with Open Source”, “How FIWARE Digital Innovation Hubs help the transition towards smart cities” and “FIWARE Champions and their global success Stories”
- A FIWARE Accelerator program presentation;
- The FIWARE iHubs Network, driving innovation Ecosystems WorldWide
- A presentation of the world-class “FIWARE4Cities Book” with more than 350 Smart Cities from all over the world and deep-dives into 145 of them, presenting more than 155 solutions already in place;
- The Data Space Support Center (DSSC): achievements and developments on the European market of Data Spaces;
- The FIWARE famous eye-catcher – Smart World by FIWARE built by Lego® bricks
- And dozens of opportunities for business negotiations.
2. Networking Opportunities: Connect with industry leaders, policymakers, and experts, driving the smart city agenda. Learn more about exclusive FIWARE communities such as the FIWARE Evangelists, the FIWARE Accelerators or iHubs and how to join and benefit from them. Our team will be at your disposal to engage in illuminating discussions, share insights, and explore partnerships that can shape the future of smart cities, with you in the driving seat. FIWARE further prepared something very special for informal networking and a great time together: Don’t miss our booth party on November 8th from 5.30 – 7.30 pm! (The space is limited, therefore, we ask you to arrive from 17:00 onwards to receive your free bracelet. This bracelet will be your key to enjoy drinks and food during the party).
3. Inspiration and Learning: The event will be a space for inspiration and learning. Attend our sessions, interact with our experts, and get an exclusive sneak peek at our latest research projects such as BeOpen – an open framework for boosting EU High Value Datasets from the Public Sector, or DOME – a distributed Open Marketplace for Europe Cloud and Edge Services. By participating, you will gain valuable knowledge that can help you advance your own smart city initiatives.
But that is not all! Join us for presentations and panels to learn more about FIWARE technology at partner stages such as the Deloitte booth on November 7th, the Japan Pavilion or the Dell booth on November 8th.
Make sure to get our FIWARE SCEWC guide, mapping all FIWARE partners around SCEWC for you and finding FIWARE related panels and presentations on partner stages. Find them at the FIWARE reception desk or approach our team, they will have one ready for you!
4. The FIWARE famous eye-catcher: Smart World by FIWARE attracts hundreds of people who are keen on Open Source and Digital Twins technologies for Smart Cities, Smart Energy, Smart Industry, Smart Agrifood and Swart Water. Twelve modules built by LegoⓇ bricks present the possibilities that open up for a city when it collects, shares and uses data. The FIWARE team provides a unique opportunity to experience a hands-on, interactive, educational guided tour on how digital solutions and technologies based on FIWARE Open Source work for smart parking and smart mobility, water and energy management, e-governments, smart tourism, smart industry, smart building and smart lighting in the real world. Make sure to be there, this is the last opportunity for 2023 to see the Smart World by FIWARE in action!
5. Be Part of the Change: Smart cities are not just the future – they are the present. Join us in making a difference today by being part of the global FIWARE community of changemakers dedicated to sustainable, connected, and innovative urban living. SCEWC is an excellent opportunity to engage, learn, and collaborate with FIWARE and its members and partners. We invite you to join us in this transformative journey towards smarter cities. Together, we can unlock the potential of technology and innovation for a brighter, more sustainable future.
Mark your calendars, for November 7-9th we would love to welcome you in Barcelona! Don’t miss the latest news – detailed stage agenda available to download soon!