As you know, the fourth FIWARE Summit, the FIWARE Global Summit, will take place in the Smart City of Porto, Portugal, on May 8th and 9th, at the Palacio da Bolsa, one of the city’s most beautiful buildings. The Summit is organized by the FIWARE Foundation in collaboration with Porto Digital, ScaleUp Porto and the City of Porto.
The event will welcome developers, entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and big corporates who will make direct contact with public institutions and high-level decision makers on municipal, state and EU-level. In addition, the organizers are proud to host representatives from all around Europe and key stakeholders coming from India, Senegal, Japan and Mexico, among others.
The event’s agenda will focus on the main FIWARE domains, Smart Cities, Smart Agrifood and Smart Industry, and latest advancements in FIWARE Technology. Here are some highlights:
- Smart Cities development is pushing FIWARE as a common standard. The adoption of Context Broker technology in European Commission’s CEF, the strategic collaboration with TM Forum, the shared developments by GSMA, and the standardization activities by ETSI will be covered.
- Smart Industry track will discuss how the FIWARE Platform is providing a reference architecture for the International Data Space. It will go in-depth, helping to understand the role of Context Information Management in Industry 4.0 scenarios for industrial applications.
- Smart Agrifood sessions will present pilot projects in North America and Africa, deployed upon FIWARE technology, using IoT-enabled systems, satellites and drones. Specific acceleration will be presented, through IoF Open Calls and the CropUp program in Portugal.
- Developers’ Track will introduce the most recent additions to the FIWARE catalogue. Practical use cases will be presented, with useful how-to’s and tech pills serving as a starting point for developers who are new to the technology, and with more in-depth sessions for the FIWARE experts.
- The Investors’ Day and the Acceleration sessions, supported by EDI Incubator, IMPACT Accelerator, RobotUnion and frontierCities2, will also enable startups and entrepreneurs to connect with potential partners and investors.
- Numerous projects will have the chance to showcase their solutions and outcomes to attendees at the Exhibition area.
Have we caught your interest? Great! Don’t forget to save the date and to secure YOUR seat for this fantastic event.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and developments regarding the Summit, visit the Global Summit website or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin.