The 45th Asia-Pacific Advanced Network Meeting (APAN45) will take place in Singapore from March 25th to 29th. APAN, which promotes and facilitates network-enabled research, aims to connect the education and research networks of its members with research networks from across the globe. APAN45 will welcome scientists, academics and tech experts to network and exchange knowledge on network applications and technologies.
FIWARE will be represented in Singapore by an international team of experts in their field. Pierre-Yves Danet, SIRP/ASF lab CTO at Orange Labs, Geraldine Quetin, Senior Consultant for InterInnov, Saravan Penubarthi, Digital Transformation Consulting Leader – Asia Pacific at Orange Business Services, Dr Achmad Basuki, Senior Lecturer of the Faculty of Computer Science at Universitas Brawijaya, Ricardo Vitorino, R&I Manager at Ubiwhere, and Andrea Cruciani, CEO and Co-founder at TeamDev srl will each be presenting during the FIWARE session on Tuesday March 27 from 16:30 to 18:30.
The ‘Open Innovation Using FIWARE Open Platform’ session aims to present the FIWARE platform, as well as its ecosystem, and “to evaluate the interest to set up collaboration and nodes in Asia-Pacific region, following the lead of the C2C work being carried out in India via the FI-MEDIA project”.
The session will cover the following topics:
- Presentation of the FIWARE platform, success stories and potential use in APAN.
- Presentation of the FI-GLOBAL project and the FIWARE Mundus initiative to deploy FIWARE evangelisation through the world.
- FIWARE applications in the Asia context.
- FIWARE for academy and students: An ASEAN initiative to help the usage of FIWARE technologies in vertical sectors.
- FIWARE application for the Smart City.
Click here for more information about the session.