(Submission of proposals to the 3rd FI-WARE Open Call is now closed. Evaluation has been closed and negotiations with selected proposals are in progress)
The FI-WARE project has reserved a portion of the project budget to fund specific tasks to be carried out by new beneficiaries that will join the consortium after start of the project. These later-joining beneficiaries are selected by means of a series of competitive Open Calls.
The First and Second FI-WARE Open Calls were devoted to cover development of Generic Enablers fulfilling needs identified by Use Case projects funded in phase 1 of the FI-PPP program not originally identified at the start of the FI-WARE project. The Third FI-WARE Open Call now launched will be devoted to the following goals:
- Take up of FI-WARE results by Internet application developers and entrepreneurs
- Creation and support of a dynamic innovation ecosystem around FI-WARE results
- Achieve maximum market visibility for the technologies and services developed by FI-WARE
It is expected that participants to this call will propose a concrete and specific plan that enables to achieve these goals during the given time-frame. Selected beneficiaries will be invited to refine and implement the final plan together with the FI-WARE Coordinator and in collaboration with the rest of the FI-WARE partners.
A maximum budget of 4,2 M€ will be assigned to selected beneficiaries for this purpose, to be executed from beginning of May 2013 until end of April 2014 (12 months). Even if the duration of this activity is limited to the mentioned period, proposals that show a commitment towards phase 3 of the Future Internet PPP will be favoured.
The proposed plan shall include but doesn’t need to be limited to the following activities:
- Develop an approach to effectively and efficiently reach the target audience of Internet application developers and web entrepreneurs so that they engage not only in learning, providing feedback about, and experimenting with FI-WARE technologies but ultimately also deliver innovative FI-WARE based Internet applications to their markets. As part of this approach, the plan shall include:
- Definition and implementation of outreach and promotional campaigns, notably towards Internet application developers and entrepreneurs.
- Organisation of the necessary physical workshops and gatherings, at least one being linked to and visible within a large-scale event in Europe, as well as online events/tools such as webinars.
- Organisation of at least one Software Development Contest, with proper incentives, targeted to reward the most innovative applications based on FI-WARE to be demonstrated on the FI-WARE Open Innovation Lab.
- Develop an approach to effectively and efficiently reach relevant stakeholders and partners who may contribute to further enhance the scope of the FI-WARE Open Innovation Lab, by means of bringing resources and infrastructures that will enable to create a richer experimental and trial environment involving end users that helps to attract the attention of developers, entrepreneurs, researchers.
- Develop an online platform, scalable enough to grow up to hundreds of thousands of users enabling networking activities across all the stakeholders of the innovative ecosystem to be incubated around FI-WARE (for instance: web entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, serial entrepreneurs, accelerators, crowd-funding platform providers, large corporations, media, research). The platform should allow advanced functionalities to support the communities' needs.
- Contribute to dynamise the presence of FI-WARE in most relevant social web communities such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or more specialise communities, particularly those of European impact.
This FI-WARE Open Call addresses players who can demonstrate experience and credentials in the definition and implementation of similar plans. In particular, proposers who can prove their ability to mobilize thousands of users and can contribute a working online platform able to support the creation of an innovation ecosystem around FI-WARE involving different stakeholders will be favoured.
The following documents include helpful information to prepare your proposal (a FAQ will be created once an initial set of questions is answered, please check it regularly)
- FI-WARE Open Call 3 – Guidelines for Applicants
- FI-WARE Open Call 3 – Form A template
- FI-WARE Open Call 3 – Form B template
- Consortium Agreement & Collaboration Agreement
- FI-WARE Open Call 3 – FAQ
The planned schedule associated to the Third FI-WARE Open Call is shown below:
Call publication on the project website (initial text)
December 21, 2012
Call publication on the project website (final text with additional details)
January 22, 2013
Deadline for proposal submission
February 27th, 17:00 CET
e-mails for acknowledgement of receipt
February 28 – March 2, 2013
March 2 – March 22, 2013
Send report of the consensus view of the experts to all proposers
March 29, 2013
1st half of April
Acceptance by FI-WARE Consortium
Acceptance by the European Commission
2nd half of April
Signature of the Consortium Agreement
End of April
- Project acronym: FI-WARE
- Project grant agreement number: 285248
- Project full name: FI-WARE: Future Internet Core Platform
- Call open: The call opens on 21st December 2012
- Deadline: The call closes on 27th February 2013 at 17h00 (Brussels time)
- Expected duration of participation in project: beginning of May 2013 to end of April 2014 (12 months)
- Total EC funding available for new partners: up to 4,2 Million Euro.
- Call identifier: FI-WARE: Open Call 3 for additional beneficiaries
- Language in which proposals should be submitted: English
- Web address for further information: http://www.fi-ware.eu/open_call/
- Email address for submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “FI-WARE: Open Call 3 for additional beneficiaries”)
- Email address for further information: email@example.com