research & development
Enershare facilitates the energy sovereign and trusted data exchange.
The ongoing energy system digitization is making available an enormous amount of data, paving the way for data sharing-enabled cross-value chain services, which may contribute to system-level increased efficiency and hence facilitate the energy transition. However data sharing in the energy sector is lagging behind, mainly due to lack of trust, privacy breaches risk and business models immaturity. In that respect ENERSHARE will:
- Deliver a Reference Architecture for a European Energy Data Space, which hybridizes SGAM with IDSA, FIWARE and GAIA-X architectures, by bringing data value chain perspective into the energy one.
- Evolve interoperability, trust, data value and governance building blocks to TRL 6-7 IDSA-compliant ones, adapt them to energy sector, and deploy:
- across-energy and cross-sector data enhancement technology enablers and standardizable interfaces and open APIs by leveraging on open Standards (e.g. ETSI Context Broker) and ontologies (e.g. SAREF)
- trust-related connectors, to ensure privacy, confidentiality, cybersecurity-preserving trust, sovereignty and full control of data
- Blockchain/Smart contract-enriched marketplace for data versus energy assets/services coordination, sharing, exchange, and beyond financial compensation
- cross-value chain value-added services and Digital Twins, by leveraging on privacy-preserving federated learning
Enershare has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe Research and Innovation programme under the Grant Agreement No 101069831.