Following a three-day Disruptive Bootcamp in the Automotive Technology Center of Galicia (CTAG), in Vigo, Spain, IMPACT Connected Car recently announced the 15 startups that will be given the opportunity to “smartize” their startups while learning from experts in business, technology, corporations, and funding. The startups were selected from a batch of over 500 applicants.
IMPACT Connected Car offers startups a six-month acceleration program, and will distribute up to €2.1 million equity free. The aim of the acceleration program lead by IMPACT Accelerator is to react to the industrial needs in the automotive industry. The program has therefore partnered up with big global brands, such as the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile, PSA Group, and Ferrovial Servicios.
25 startups were invited to participate in the Bootcamp, where they pitched in front of a panel of experts, including representatives from the FIWARE Foundation. Ultimately, 15 startups, who are all focused on solving problems in the connected vehicle sector, including vehicle management and safety, were selected to continue to the next phase.
IMPACT Connected Car is focussed on six verticals within the connected vehicle domain, namely mobility management, safety & security, well being, vehicle management, driver assistance, and infotainment.
- TECHNOLOGY (Poland): A traffic simulation & route planning system powered by AI & Quantum Computing.
- CardioID Technologies (Portugal): Enabling safer drivers and vehicles through a technology that is able to biometrically identify the driver and produce fatigue and drowsiness alerts.
- CARFIT (France): AI based technology that reads the vibration of the vehicle to make the car maintenance easier and mobility safer.
- Carricare b.v. (Chargetrip) (The Netherlands): Development of predictive deep learning models for fleet managers and energy operators around the world.
- Eccocar sharing S.L. (Spain): Car Sharing solution that optimizes and digitalizes the use of the existing fleets.
- HOMYHUB SL (Spain): Universal plug and play solution for garage openers that turns the smartphone into a Smart Garage Remote enabling users to control, monitor and manage access to the garage, anywhere at anytime.
- Motor Ai (Germany): A developed device which enables digital services in vehicles by collecting data of parked and driving vehicles.
- Parkbob GmbH (Austria): Parkbob enables a seamless last mile experience by delivering context-aware parking rules & restrictions as well as real-time on-street parkability.
- Situm Technologies SL (Spain): indoor positioning provider that enables corporations developing new location-based services.
- Spark Horizon (Switzerland): Universal charging solution. Spark Horizon conceive, install and operate the 1st European network of free charging stations for electric vehicles, sponsored through AI based advertising.
- TRAFFIC NETWORK SOLUTIONS SL (Barcelona, Spain): Using connected floating car data for optimizing mobility in junctions, roundabouts, work zones.
- Worldsensing SL (Spain): Platform to provide Operational Intelligence to cities through a plug and play approach which creates a customized solution to solve problems such as traffic or public space safety.
- Xapix Software GmbH (USA): Helping enterprises to drive sales and partner engagement by creating easy-to-integrate digital services with their legacy data.
- Ximantis AB (Sweden): The project aims to forecast and anticipate, exact traffic congestion hot spots, before they have a chance to form.
- Share S.r.l. (Italy): The only patented off the shelf technology to share the car, optimize its usage and turn it into a profit machine.
Congratulations to all the new #IMPACTers. It’s great to see that some familiar faces and FIWARE-powered startups made the cut this round. We wish you all the best of luck in the upcoming six-month acceleration program led by ISDI and CTAG.