23 of them have been contacted in order to understand their interest on the FIWARE Mundus initiative.
- ICT as one of the top smart specialisation topics
- European ICT Pole of Excellence (EIPE)
- Already involved with FIWARE
- (experiments, nodes, accelerators)
Active ICT cluster(s)
Meetings already held with Brittany, Picardie and PACA regions in France, Basque country in Spain, Berlin region in Germany, Emilia-Romagna in Italy, South East Ireland, Helsinki in Finland, and Porto/Norte region of Portugal and also Luxembourg. Some of these regions applied at the FICORE Open call in order to setup FIWARE Lab and then FIWARE commercial.
Other regions gave interest to the initiative and meeting could take place in 2016.
Brittany and Luxembourg has been used to develop the opportunity document (value proposition) and such a document has been used to apply at the FICORE call. For those regions which are willing to go to the next steps, the document could be partly reused.
a FIWARE Region
- Interaction with JRC / S3 for the Smart Specialization Strategy initiative at EU level
- Interaction with European Cluster Observatory, eDIGIREGION
- Interaction set up with FIWARE and the innovation
- hubs (I3H)
- Interaction with Vanguard Initiative (Asturias, Baden-Wurttemberg, Catalonia, Basque, Lombardy, …)
- Interaction with the European Commission in order to analyse the possibility to use the structural funds
- Interaction with Open&Agile Smart City initiative (Defining city SDKs based on FIWARE plus standard data models defined using “driven by implementation approach”)
- Interaction with DG Region in order to check the usability of structural funds to maintain and operate the FIWARE nodes after the end of the
- Future Internet PPP.
and national funding; get support to access European funding (smart specialization strategy, structural funds, etc.)
a contractual/political agreement
You will get visibility as an innovative region, easier access to European funding, share best practices with other FIWARE Regions…
to EU funding
Provide direct news
with other regions