THANK YOU TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT
THE FIWARE GLOBAL SUMMIT!
HACK YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS!
Use the power of the FIWARE open source technologies, as well as the Context Broker as a CEF Building Block, for your own benefit.
Show off your innovative ideas aimed at developing new services/applications in the sector of Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing, Open Data, and Smart Agrifood.
Get the chance to present your solution exclusively during the Grand Closing of the FIWARE Global Summit in Berlin.
Win prizes worth up to 10K euros*, fully paid attendance at the Smart City Expo World Congress (Barcelona) and, of course, eternal glory.
Get access to 1 year of technical services for free provided by the FIWARE Foundation.
Receive 1 year of free social media promotion and global visibility thanks to the international channels of the FIWARE Foundation.**
THE FIWARE HACKATHON
The Hackathon is a competition of ideas and consists of a marathon of innovation aimed at developing new services/applications in the sector of Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing, Open Data, and Smart Agrifood the 4 main topics of this Hackathon.
The aim is to create innovative solutions to support:
- The development and long-term sustainability of (but not limited to) European cities;
- The implementation of innovative systems applied to the Smart Manufacturing sector;
- The reuse of Open Data in the context of all the vertical domains of the hackathon.
- Unleashing the innovation potential for the digital transformation of the European Agrifood Sector using FIWARE open source technologies.
All costs of participation shall be borne by each participant. This includes travel, accommodation and tickets (Startup Day ticket) to participate in the Summit. Only the teams present at the Startup Day on 24 October (09:00-15:30) at the FIWARE Global Summit will be admitted to the final prize-giving ceremony. At least 2 members of the team must be present at the Startup Day of the Summit.
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
The conclusion of the Hackathon will take place in Berlin during the 7th edition of the FIWARE Global Summit. The Hackathon is divided into different phases:
– Hackathon Virtual Training Session (online training)
– Development of the solutions
– Elevator Pitches of the winners during the start-up day in FIWARE Global Summit
The FIWARE Hackathon includes the following activities ➡
Launch of the Hackathon
Exclusive virtual training session on FIWARE Technology and the CEF Context Broker
4 September at 10:00 – 12:00 (CET)
Hackathon registration opens
Deadline to submit proposals
15 October 2019 at 10:00 (CET)
Virtual pitch in front of the evaluation committee (3 members: FF, MIDIH, CEF, Smart AgriHubs)
15, 16, 17 October (Time to be confirmed)
Announcement of winners during the Startup Day and presentation of winning solutions during the Grand Closing
24 October, FIWARE Global Summit in Berlin
Exploiting open data to:
1. enhance public administration efficiency,
2. provide user-centred services and,
3. reduce the digital divide
(*focus in at least one of the three challenges)
Implementing Industry 4.0 with the FIWARE Industrial IOT architecture.
Interface for data aggregation, information and use of the city for tourists and citizens.
Unleashing the innovation potential for the digital transformation of the European Agrifood Sector using FIWARE open source technologies.
*Open Data Challenge: 2500 Euros
*Smart Manufacturing Challenge: 2500 Euros
Smart Cities Challenge: Smart City Expo World Congress (Barcelona, Spain from 19-21 November 2019) attendance fully paid by the FIWARE Foundation (including travel, hotel, access)
*Smart Agrifood Challenge: 2500 Euros
For all the winners:
– 1 year of technical services for free provided by the FIWARE Foundation
– 1 year of free social media promotion and global visibility thanks to the international channels of the FIWARE Foundation
MEET THE JURY
IT Project Officer, European Commission
Project Lead Manager, EIT Digital
STEFANO DE PANFILIS
COO, FIWARE Foundation
Senior Researcher, ATB-Bremen
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the following document before registering for the FIWARE Hackathon.**