Powered by FIWARE: nixi1 - nixi1 (Data Analytics,Open Data)
nixi1 has become the most advanced Travel chatbot (or AITA; Artificial Intelligence Travel Agency) in the world. With nixi1, text or send voice notes to book your flight and hotel room through any Messaging App. In less than 60 seconds.
After multiple iterations and evolutions, nixi1 has become the most advanced Travel chatbot (or AITA; Artificial Intelligence Travel Agency) of the world. Since August 2016, it has acquired more than 80,000 users.
Currently, the company has two products that correspond to two business lines. The first is AITA, focused on offering all Travel services to the end-user. The second is the white label Chatbot SaaS (Software as a Service), focused on Travel Service Suppliers, so that they can boost their direct sales channels through the CHAT.
The Travel chatbot, AITA, has been developed with the following fundamental values:
- Transactional and assistance: 100% automated, it doesn’t require any human assistance. This is a particularly important milestone to allow its scalability.
- Omnichannel: Currently works in Telegram, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, SMS, App, and Web. nixi1’s team has developed a deep know-how to integrate any new messaging quickly. In addition, it can be integrated into mail and in the future, it will do the same in Voice Assistants such as Siri, Alexa, or Google when their respective marketplaces are enabled.
- Multi-language: Currently the chatbot is available natively in English, Spanish, French, and German and available in 95 other languages through automatic translation protocols (non-native). The linguistic corpus architecture based on a contextualized sales funnel and several layers of neural networks allow the easy native translation of the chatbot into different languages.
- Voice notes: We have added the functionality of voice notes to the text and we have provided the forms with predictive capabilities.
Currently, nixi1 is integrated with a broad universe of travel suppliers that gives access to a massive range of tourism services at the best price. 92% of our users say they have found the cheapest option with our solution.
The solution for B2B helps to avoid intermediates by promoting a new direct sales channel, which also helps to acquire users at a low price, improve loyalty rates and reduce operational costs thanks to the AI. For the final consumer, it is a more economical and convenient solution.
nixi1 has two customer segments. On one hand, the main problems for Travel Service Suppliers (B2B) like hotels and airlines are:
- DISINTERMEDIATION. There’s an excessive dependence on indirect sales channels such as OTAs (Online Travel Agencies), which charge high commissions, 15-35%.
- OPERATIONAL COSTS. Expensive and numerous call-centers. It is estimated that between 10% and 15% of all reservations of Travel Service Suppliers is via phone call and 100% of the services of customer services are operated by humans, with a high operational cost. It is a constant priority to search for mechanisms to reduce these costs.
- LOYALTY. Most travelers are price-oriented, which generates a dependence on OTAs, a channel in which the user can compare the wide range of services. The only two channels of direct communication (email and phone calls) handled by Travel Service Suppliers, beyond the web and the App, have a very low acceptance rate.
- CUSTOMER ACQUISITION COSTS (CAC). CACs are very high due to the duopoly of Booking Holdings and Expedia in Google SEM. Besides, it’s an oligopolistic sector, a few GDSs, Consolidators, TA (Travel Agencies), OTA, and Metasearchers have more than 80% share in their respective categories).
On the other hand, if we consider the traveler (B2C), the two biggest challenges in the industry are:
- PRICE. In general terms, the traveler is sensitive to the price, the cheaper the better, as long as a quality threshold is maintained. This is even more relevant in the FLIGHT reservation, which is the first purchase of a trip. In addition, the user wants to know the final price from the beginning and not be tricked by unexpected charges at the end of the process.
- CONVENIENCE. The more comfortable the solution, the better. The traveler aims to access the biggest and most competitive offer in the market on a single site, without unwanted redirects and without having to consult several websites or apps.