- 2 days (plus a pre-conference) to share visions, experiences and new business ideas on how to monetize FIWARE, the technology that is driving the definition of key standards for smart systems in multiple sectors.
- Hands-on learning and sharing of best-practices: 70+ presentations of future-driven enterprises, open source gurus, solution creators, 15+ workshops, 20+ exhibitors.
- Global success stories within the domains of Smart Cities, Smart Industry, Smart Energy, and Smart AgriFood. New: FIWARE show-cases for Smart Water.
- Learning how the latest technology trends will drive innovations in Smart Systems of the Future: Digital Twins, Blockchain, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Edge Computing, or technologies materializing the Data Economy while preserving Data Sovereignty.
- Special attention will be given to business-generating initiatives: from open calls to match-making, including new business ideas incubation and acceleration, the Summit will cover it all.
Berlin, December 05, 2019. On June 23 and 24, Málaga will host FIWARE’s 8th Global Summit, one of the leading open source conferences for public administrations, academia, developers, technologists, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large enterprises and investors. For two days, all of them will gather at Palacio de Ferias y Congresos de Málaga to discuss the challenges and opportunities for business and open innovation around digital transformation of public administration processes, business operations and the daily life of people.
This edition of the Summit will be very unique as it will combine a variety of activities ranging from technical roadmaps to open calls, from peer-to-peer talks to business workshops, from networking to interdisciplinary match-making. Organised by FIWARE Foundation with participation from its members (including Atos, Engineering, NEC, Telefónica, Trigyn Technologies, to mention but a few) and the FIWARE iHubs network, the Summit will be supported by the City of Málaga and Promálaga.
Bringing together renowned speakers and leading experts, the FIWARE Global Summit is a MUST-attend event for organizations and individuals interested in the development of smart solutions based on open source technologies as well as the latest trends and standards on IoT communication protocols, data management and sharing, access control, security and interoperability. In its latest edition, it attracted international names such as Pearse O’Donohue (Director for Future Networks, European Commission), Jim Craig (Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager at Red Hat), Kenji Hiramoto (Chief Strategist (IT), Cabinet Secretariat, Government of Japan), Chris Greer (Senior Executive for Cyber Physical Systems, NIST Engineering Laboratory – US), Ingobert Veith (Board Member, D21 & Director Public Policy, Huawei), Dominik Schiener (CTO and founder of the IOTA Foundation), Dr. Sascha Hemmen (Head of Digital and Business Division, City of Wolfsburg), Pierre Golz (CDO, City of Herne), as well as David Bueno (Málaga’s CTO), to mention but a few international speakers who added a further global perspective to the Summit.
When tech meets Smart Cities, Smart Industry, Smart AgriFood, Smart Water and Smart Energy
The Summit covers four main solution domains and will kick off with the Smart Cities Track. Discussing the goals, challenges and strategies around the digital transformation, this track will show how open source standards implemented in FIWARE are cementing the common ground to digitise industries across the globe.
On the other hand, the dedicated Smart Industry Track will go in-depth, presenting the FIWARE reference architecture for the Connected Industry, helping to understand how Digital Twins, or the creation of new data value chains involving actors across the whole lifecycle of manufactured products, can be materialized in Industry 4.0, boosting the development of a Data Economy where Data Sovereignty is preserved. Equally, the Smart AgriFood Track will present success stories showing how FIWARE is driving the modernization of agriculture and livestock farms, driving digital transformation in rural areas worldwide. Meanwhile, as digitalisation and data are increasingly becoming key players in the energy system, the Smart Energy Track will put together experts from the energy and IT sectors to present how to apply the FIWARE Reference Architecture in the development for IoT-enabled systems for the energy sector, addressing the challenges that lie ahead for this industry.
“Water for thought”
One of the novelties of this edition is a focus on Smart Water. As important as water is for the global population, supply, delivery, sewage and quality still pose a great challenge for today’s society. In many regions, the rate of growth of water-related risks is far outpacing the efforts currently in place to alleviate such risks. This ever-widening disparity of topics as well as what FIWARE is doing to create a more efficient water management, bringing together water suppliers and end-users, will be addressed in great depth. The FIWARE Community is currently working on several water-related projects which will be presented at the Summit.
The Developers’ Track will bring forward a unique opportunity to learn the basics for building “Powered by FIWARE” as well as “FIWARE-ready” systems “ready-to-go in a day” and will gather the whole FIWARE Community – made up of end users, developers and stakeholders worldwide – under the same roof to showcase solutions based on FIWARE. The technical sessions will include discussions on cutting-edge technologies such as Blockchain, Digital Twin, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Industrial IoT, Big Data, Edge Computing, as well as technologies supporting the Data Economy and Data sovereignty.
The FIWARE Global Summit will bring a unique opportunity to learn how:
- FIWARE helps to break information silos within organizations and support the extraction of valuable insights which help driving transformation of organizations into smart organizations;
- the integration of FIWARE with Blockchain and Distributed Ledger technologies can bring support to the certification and the auditable transparency of processes in the public and private sector;
- FIWARE can provide the basis for implementing “AI as a Service” and the creation of a marketplace of interoperable AI services for Smart Solutions;
- FIWARE can support a more intelligent behavior of robots by exploiting context information and AI services on the cloud;
- “Powered by FIWARE” architectures help to balance processing between the cloud and the edge;
- organizations may monetize their data and become protagonist of the Data Economy.
Lots of new features at 2020’s edition…
- business-oriented opportunities presented by a curated series of open calls, new projecting funding and new market spaces;
- interactive workshops in which participants get fully involved;
- hands-on guide and workshops on how to set-up, sustain and grow Digital Innovation Hubs;
- media press match-making: businesses ‘pitch’ to press and writers on pre-selected topics; a new set of business and community partners from different countries;
- an extended Accelerator Programme and start-up opportunities;
- …and so much more.
Commenting on the expectations for the Summit, Ulrich Ahle, FIWARE Foundation’s CEO said: “We are very much looking forward to welcoming a talented pool of experts, our Community as well as hundreds of participants to the beautiful city of Málaga to discuss how to progress together with open source and open standards towards innovative, inclusive, and sustainable business models around smart solutions driving the digital transformation of multiple sectors. Most importantly, how the city of Málaga can further deliver its vision of strengthened competition and citizens welfare, by learning from best practices in the private sector and smart cities worldwide.”
FIWARE Global Summit tickets will go on sale on 6 December for an especially festive price of 99€. This limited offer will last until 31 December. To get yours, please click here.
About FIWARE Foundation
Founded in 2016 by Atos, Engineering, Orange and Telefónica, FIWARE Foundation is a non-profit organization that drives the definition and encourages the adoption of open standards (implemented using open source technologies) that ease the development of smart solutions across many fields. With over 300 members from around the world in just 3 years, the Foundation is driving the development of smart solutions in a faster, easier, interoperable and affordable way that avoids vendor lock-in scenarios, whilst also nourishing FIWARE as a sustainable business model. Currently, more than 140 cities worldwide are building their Smart City based on FIWARE technology, making it the world’s leading open source technology for Smart Cities.
For more information about FIWARE, please download our Press Kit here.
Senior Communications Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org I (+34) 608 50 8873
Val De Oliveira
Press & PR Manager
email@example.com I (+49) 15757 33 70 82