Project and Marketing Manager
Who we are
FIWARE Foundation brings support to the fast-growing global community around FIWARE, the Open Source framework that is defining the standards for building the Smart Solutions of today and of the future, transforming the daily life of people and organizations. We believe that standards have to be driven by the needs of all Society, not the benefit of a few players. We recruit talents and gamechangers who share this vision and want to be part of our movement towards the creation of a better world that will bring new opportunities to all by fostering open innovation. Meanwhile, FIWARE has not only set up sector standards (e.g., for Smart Cities) but has also become one of the driving forces for Data Spaces in Europe. With worldwide more than 550 members, 20+ strategic partnerships, 33 Innovation Hubs, over 1,000 Smart Data Models, a University Roadshow and an Accelerator Program, book releases and co-creations, FIWARE is growing constantly on all continents.
We are looking for a European Project Manager who can bring to the organization a professional perspective of growth in terms of new projects focused on European funds opportunities and their communication and dissemination.
The ideal candidate should have a background and expertise of European projects in the space of marketing and community building, as well as a reasonable experience in project management. The position will be responsible to lead a portfolio of several European funded projects and lead or support European launch teams in business processes, launch project management, optimization of cross-functional activities and the realization of the projects’ deliverables. The position will be responsible to support the flawless execution of the launch readiness plans, communication and dissemination.
What we expect from you
To be successful to the selection process, you should have a strong interest and passion about digitalization and tech innovation.
The European Project Manager will oversee several European projects kicking off at the beginning of 2023, reporting to the CMO.
The full-time position is based preferably in our headquarters in Berlin and offers hybrid working. In exceptional cases, the position can also be based in Italy, Spain, or France.
Tasks will focus on but are not limited to:
- Managing / coordinating projects as required, including liaising with stakeholders from FIWARE, FIWARE ecosystem, project consortia, funders and partners.
- Assurance that checkpoints are accomplished on time.
- Budget compliance and deviation control (supporting the financial project controller).
- Arranging for and supervising contracts with external service providers in the Marketing space, along with risk management, quality assurance and cost control.
- Arrange project meetings and events (online, offline) whilst delivering excellent community engagement at each stage of a project.
- Adopting, implementing, and growing project community activities.
- Developing content for communication and dissemination materials with the support of the marketing team, project and technical teams: e.g., mailings, blog posts, video scripts, brochures, websites, contributions to press releases, press kits, and events comms).
- Assisting in the planning and realization of internal and project related meetings, including the coordination of appointments, training programs, webinars, collaborating with event teams when realizing international fairs, virtual events, project conferences, or general assemblies.
- Overseeing community communications, coordinating efforts between different entities as well as the general public, KPIs in community growth.
- Ideal years of (international) experience: 5+ years.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics or science; alternatively, an adequate qualification with relevant experience might be considered.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to manage logistics and deadlines for multiple projects.
- Fluency in English and availability to travel is a requirement.
- Passionate about community building and communication with people from different backgrounds (inc. business, academia, public admin).
- Writing experience and skills are of great advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs, CMS (WordPress DIVI); CRM tools like HubSpot, previous experience working with Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, digital event platforms, is a plus, but not required.
- Flexible, creative, and proactive mindset.
- A willingness and enthusiasm to work as part of a dynamic team, whilst fostering a positive working environment for all members.
- Organizational skills, getting-things-done attitude, and strong communication skills.
What we offer
- Work with multiple teams worldwide
- Dynamic work in a friendly international team
- The possibility to work independently
- Good transport connections near the TU Berlin
As soon as possible
Submit your application!
If you feel that this sounds like you, please send your application documents, including your earliest possible starting date.
Project and Marketing Manager