Smart Agrifood Summit: Driving Digital Transformation in the Agri-Food Sector through Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs)
FIWARE iHubs have proven here their effectiveness in fostering regional, interregional and international cooperation by connecting entrepreneurs, private companies, public administrations, universities and research institutions, offering training in innovative open source technologies and promoting European standards. Within the Spanish Government’s Plan for the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience of the Economy there is a specific action, as part of the Digitalisation Strategy for the Agri-food and Forestry Sector and the Rural Environment, to develop actions supporting digitalisation and entrepreneurship were FIWARE iHubs footprint is recommended for the creation of a digital innovation hub for companies in the agri-food sector. FIWARE uses standardised protocols to develop smart and interoperable solutions across different sectors that will streamline the innovation process and ensure that technological solutions are tailored to farmers’ needs.
Acting as innovation engines, FIWARE iHubs look for challenges in the local entrepreneurial ecosystem and seek to solve them, breaking down traditional barriers to technology enablement and business acceleration, promoting the use of open source technologies and standards to accelerate business, increase competitiveness and facilitate the diversification of the local economy through scalable, open, reliable and disruptive solutions.
By facilitating collaboration between researchers, entrepreneurs, investors and fostering training and mentoring among many other benefits, FIWARE iHubs further optimise existing resources and boost local economies.
- Loreto del Valle. General Director for Digital Economy of the Andalusian Regional Government
- Carmen Cristina de Toro. General Director of Industry, Innovation and Agrifood Chain of the Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Sustainable Development of Andalucia
- Moderator: Juan José Hierro, CTO of FIWARE Foundation
- María Jesús Serra, Digitalisation Area Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPA)
- Carlos Callejero, CEO of Digitanimal and Coordinator of the Cattlechain project
- Juan Marcelo Gaitan, Director of DIH FIWARE Zone
- Francisco Maroto-Molina, Assistant Professor of Department of Animal Production at ETSIAM at the University of Cordoba (UCO)
- Javier Alejandre, CAP technician. Renewable Energies and Agrarian insurance of Unión de Pequeños Agricultores y Ganaderos (UPA)
- Ana Belén Cabezas, Deputy Coordinator at Andalucía Agrotech